PLEASE WATCH THE WHOLE THING
if you keep reblogging celebs dumping water all over themselves, even if you’re not, please watch this. please please please watch this.
Watch the entire thing. Seriously the first part is funny but the second part is dead serious.
This video is exactly the reason why the anons who have complained about me re-blogging this stuff are bullshit. To everyone else- Please continue donate and spread the world if you can.
- If you do not have chemical goggles, swim goggles will suffice and are easier to keep from confiscation.
- Keep a plastic baggie with a bandana/rag soaking in lemon juice or cider vinegar to take out and breathe through if you encounter tear gas
- Do not wear contact lenses without eye protection in tear gassed areas. You can go blind.
- You can use water, saline, milk, and a mix of Maalox (or other liquid antacids) and water to relieve burning in your eyes and mouth.
- Know your allergies. Tear gasses are derived from different chili peppers.
- Tear gas can aggravate breathing conditions, so bring your inhaler (in a plastic bag so it doesn’t get exposed).
- If you are pregnant exposure to tear gas can result in miscarriages and birth defects. If you are nursing, the toxins can transfer through breast milk.
- Do not swallow, try to spit and cough.
- Wear protective clothing to avoid burns.
- Children, the elderly, the immune-deficient, and the chronically ill are more susceptible to complications due to exposure.
Don’t think about what can happen in a month. Don’t think about what can happen in a year. Just focus on the 24 hours in front of you and do what you can to get closer to where you want to be.
Eric Thomas (via onlinecounsellingcollege)
"There is a stigma in this country around women with jobs. So I want to start an organization that provides girls in the Congo with examples of women around the world who have balanced family and career. Most men in this country think it’s only about money. They think: ‘If I make enough money for us to live, then my wife should take care of the children.’ The common belief is that a woman who works is hurting her children. People don’t realize that children also gain from the knowledge and experiences of their mother."
(Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo)
sighs was adopted when they were just a baby, later on in their life their parents adopted triplets (mom planned on one, but couldnt bring herself to separate them; so after a long long long wait and other annoying situations she adopted them all)
theyre quite a bit younger than sighs is, sighs being 20 and the siblings being 10
sighs has a terrible habit of ‘herding’ their baby siblings or just chasing them around into a bundle. Sighs likes them all together vs being scattered around the house
[Image: a series of tweets by justified agitator (@Awkward_Duck) on August 19, 2014.
1:23 AM: We literally laid in someone’s backyard for what seemed like an eternity while tanks rolled down the streets #Ferguson
1:26 AM: I’m live tweeting because there’s a media blackout. #Ferguson
1:33 AM: I’m so shaken. They’re literally just rolling around throwing tear gas into neighborhoods-not aggressive crowds. #Ferguson
1:34 AM: I was pouring milk over one guys eyes when they came back around and threw another at us. #Ferguson
1:51 AM: Let me repeat, THEY ARE GASSING NEIGHBORHOODS not crowds of protestors.There was only a few of us walking. there is no curfew, so why?]
1. Remind yourself that thoughts and feelings aren’t facts. Often we think extreme and negative things – which are not completely true in reality. Try to get perspective and to be more balanced – and try to counteract accusing, negative thoughts.
2. Be patient, understanding and gentle with yourself. When you’re fighting depression or are feeling overwhelmed then that uses up a lot of your energy. Accept that today is going to be harder and put fewer expectations and demands upon yourself.
3. Do one small thing as it will help you to get moving - and you’ll start feel more hopeful as you see yourself make some progress. Also, keeping yourself busy will interrupt your thinking, and will help stop your feelings from getting even worse.
4. Although it’s not usually helpful to isolate ourselves, be wise in the people that you choose to be around. If other people are too happy – or too harsh and critical – it will compound your feelings of negativity. Instead, try and spend time with people who are gentle and calm, and who help you feel accepted and more positive.
5. Remember that tomorrow could be a better day. You just need to find the energy to make it through today.
Very relevant today…
Just posted 150 pictures of pretty yukata on the streets of Harajuku during the Jingu Gaien Fireworks Festival. We love Harajuku’s fun atmosphere during the festival - and we love seeing all of the colorful summer yukata on the street. Hope you enjoy the pics!
okay but when you have holocaust survivors and people who were activists during the civil rights movement supporting mike brown and then KKK members and neo nazi’s supporting the officer you should be able to figure out which side is the right one.